Mall at Millenia Evacuated after Bomb Threat

The Mall at Millenia bomb threat panic evacuation
Panic during bomb threat evacuation at The Mall at Millenia. (Facebook)

What is going on in Orlando? Shoppers were evacuated from The Mall at Millenia on Saturday after a bomb threat, according to the Orlando Police Department. The potential bomb threat was reportedly called in. As can be seen in the photo, there was some panic during the evacuation. Some mall visitors reported getting ready to dine before officers abruptly ordered them out of the mall.




The first update said OPD Officers were investigating a bomb threat at the Mall at Millenia and that the mall had been safely evacuated by Mall Security. OPD said “the situation is very fluid.” Not knowing what they were dealing with, imagine the surprise to shoppers and patrons.

But shortly after, OPD issued a second update: “The interior at the Mall at Millenia has been cleared by Mall Security. No hazards were located. OPD units are leaving the area at this time. Thanks to everyone for your cooperation during this investigation.”

The mall will reopen as regularly scheduled on Sunday and the investigation into who called in the threat remains ongoing in Orlando.

In addition to random bomb threats and crime around the city, gun violence in Orlando is also up 24% compared to the same time last year. Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer has been extremely quiet for years regarding crime and scares around the city. The problems caused by Dyer’s policies bubble every few years, but unfortunately it is the residents who lose every time. Now, the panic even hit The Mall at Millenia.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.