The U.S. Postal Service in Central Florida will be hiring over 1,000 employees for the 2020 Holiday Season. Successful applicants will work at one of seven mail processing and distribution centers Nov. 7, 2020 through Jan. 1, 2021.
Holiday openings will include Postal Support Employee (PSE) Mail Processing Clerk at $18.15 per hour and Mail Handler Assistant at $16.55 per hour. Positions are available at:
- Fort Myers Processing & Distribution Center, 14080 Jetport Loop, Fort Myers, FL 33913
- Mid Florida Processing & Distribution Center, 800 Rinehart Road, Lake Mary, FL 32799
- Orlando Processing and Distribution Center, 10401 Post Office Blvd., Orlando, FL 32862
- Seminole Processing & Distribution Cener, 2036 E. Landstreet, Orlando, FL 32824
- Manasota Processing & Distribution Center, 850 Tallevast Road, Sarasota, FL 34260
- Tampa Processing & Distribution Center, 3501 Bessie Coleman Drive, Tampa, FL 33630
- Ybor Processing & Distribution Center,1801 Grant St. Tampa, FL 33605
Additonal work will be located at various Mail Annexes in Lakeland, Melbourne and Tampa, FL.
PSE Mail Processing Clerks perform a variety of clerk duties required to process mail using automated mail processing equipment or manual methods of sortation and distribution. Mail Handler Assistants load/ unload, move bulk mail and perform other duties incidental to the movement and processing of mail.
Online applications will be accepted at www.usps.com/employment. Click on “Search Now and Apply” and select “Florida” to view current openings. Applications for PSE Mail Processing Clerk and Mail Handler Assistant will be accepted Sept. 8-12.
To be considered for these positions, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years old at the time of appointment or 16 years of age with a high school diploma
- United States citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of American Samoa or other U.S. territory
- Recent employment history
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, drug screening, and medical assessment
The Suncoast District serves ZIP Codes 321, 327-329, 335-339, 341-342 and 346-347.
The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.