You can save as you tour America by train with Amtrak’s USA Rail Pass, which is available for $299 through January 20th, a savings of $200 off the regular price. With the USA Rail Pass, customers can see the country and explore sights at more than 500 destinations using up to 10 travel segments over a 30-day period for less than $30 per ride.
How Amtrak’s USA Rail Pass works:
- Purchase the USA Rail Pass online or the Amtrak app through January 20th and start to build a travel itinerary.
- Use the pass within 120 days of purchase (30 days after first segment is traveled). The pass is valid for 10 rides (segments).
- Leverage the Amtrak app to access tickets, check train status and get boarding information prior to departure.
Amtrak USA Rail Pass details:
- The pass is available for travel in Coach class — featuring wide, reclining seats, a large picture window, ample legroom and no middle seat.
- Amtrak Guest Rewards members will earn two points per dollar spent on each pass following travel on the first segment.
Travelers can jump start the new year by planning a cross country train adventure, hopping from town-to-town, or simply spending a few extended weekends away from home. Whether looking to discover hidden gems or visiting friends in the next city over, the USA Rail Pass makes it easy for customers to plan and use this year’s vacation days on more getaways.
A travel segment occurs when a customer boards and disembarks one of Amtrak’s scheduled services. If the trip involves making a connection, customers will use two segments of the pass. Upgrades to Business Class and private room accommodations are not available. Additional restrictions, terms and conditions apply, so check with Amtrak for more information before you start booking your train trip.