$125,541 for Social Workers at the Library is supported with federal money, while $64,133 is supported by local funding. The total budget for the project is $189,674.
The Library Social Worker can also provide information on housing, mental health services, healthcare, immigration, and re-employment guidance. There are appointments and walk-in times available at select branches located throughout Central Florida.
- Mondays: Alafaya Branch and South Trail Branch
- Tuesdays: Southeast Branch and Hiawassee Branch
- Wednesdays: South Creek Branch and Fairview Shores Branch
- Thursdays: Chickasaw Branch and North Orange Branch
- Alternate Fridays and Saturdays: Alafaya Branch
- South Trail: 2nd, 3rd, 4th Friday of the month, 1st Saturday of the month
This project was funded under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Florida’s LSTA program is administered by the Department of State’s Division of Library and Information Services.