Get your napkins ready for the iconic McRib, as the fan-favorite, famously-saucy sandwich officially returns to participating McDonald’s restaurants nationwide, including Central Florida, beginning October 31st.
BUT this could be your last chance to get it, according to the company. After three straight years headlining McDonald’s nationwide menu each fall, the iconic sandwich is embarking on a “Farewell Tour” – giving fans across the country one more chance to experience a taste of the McRib.
Like any true farewell tour, many are hoping this isn’t a “goodbye” but a “see you later.” Because as McRib fans have experienced time and time again: you never know when – or if – the McRib is coming back.
Before the McRib takes its final bow, McDonald’s is paying homage by bringing fans on a trip down memory lane with the McRib’s “Greatest Hits” – featuring special moments that made the McRib the icon it is today:
- “McRIB® IS BORN” – It all started in 1980, when McDonald’s came up with a seasoned, boneless pork sensation, slathered in tangy barbecue sauce, topped with slivered onions and tart pickles. That brilliant sandwich became the now-famous McRib®, and for the first time ever a fan experienced the sauciness.
- “MINI AND ME” – In 2003, McDonald’s introduced a mini version of this fan-favorite when the McRib® Jr. entered the scene (aw!)
- “500 McRIB® MILES” – The McRib® became so popular that in 2008, a superfan came up with the McRib Locator, a way to finally track where in the world McRib aficionados could find the delicious sandwich.
- “McRIB® 24/7″ – Maybe fans remember this viral post from 2020, relating just a little too hard to the excitement of waiting for the return of the McRib®. This customer clearly understood the assignment.
- “THE FUTURE IS McRIB®“ – In 2021, the McRib® became a piece of modern history for fans when McDonald’s USA created its first-ever NFT featuring digital versions of the McRib, almost as saucy as the sandwich itself IRL.
- “MY BBQ BFF” – We know diehard McRib® fans are often the reason newcomers try the McRib. In 2021, superfans like Rodney Harris tried to convince their friends to indulge in the barbeque-y goodness of the McRib. We all need a friend like Rodney.
- “SEE YA LATER, McRIB®” – The McRib® has truly become a family affair for over 40 years, passing down the sandwich as tradition and making memories to last a lifetime. Now’s your chance to share a McRib before it’s gone ???