Jollibee celebrated the grand opening of its first location in Orlando, Florida last week. The highly anticipated opening day attracted thousands of excited customers who wanted to be among the city’s first to get their hands on Jollibee’s Chickenjoy
Primely located at 11891 East Colonial Drive in East Orlando, the new restaurant not only marks Jollibee’s premiere in The City Beautiful, but it’s also home to the global brand’s first two-lane drive-thru service in North America.
“Not only are we thrilled to finally bring our Chickenjoy and other signature menu items to both our loyal fans and newcomers who call Orlando home, but we also are so excited to open our first two-lane drive-thru service in all of North America in this wonderful city,” said Maribeth Dela Cruz, President, Jollibee Group North America. “The new two-lane drive-thru is a milestone for Jollibee, as it allows us to conveniently serve our customers, reach everyone faster, and get them their favorite Jollibee treats in no time.”
Jollibee’s biggest fans began showing up at around 8:00pm Tuesday evening, where they camped out over 13 hours ahead of Wednesday’s 9am opening. Among them was Jasmine Hong, who waited in her car with a group of friends throughout the night to be the restaurant’s first official drive-thru customers.
“We all go to the University of Central Florida, and we are all excited to try the food at Jollibee,” said Hong of her and her friends. “We have heard a lot of good things and cannot wait any longer to try the famous Chickenjoy and Peach Mango Pie—I heard it’s all really, really good.”
Jollibee’s drive-thru was buzzing from morning until midnight as carloads of hungry customers from near and far wrapped around the store throughout the day. Jollibee’s cheerful staff welcomed a host of curious newcomers to the brand, including more college students from the nearby University of Central Florida campus, and families from the area’s many surrounding neighborhoods.
“I got in line about nine hours ago and my family and I have always loved Jollibee ever since I was a kid,” said Arren Huckleberry, an Orlando resident. “I moved here for school about five years ago and it is so nice to have a local Jollibee—it feels like a little piece of home away from home. I am excited that this is all finally happening.”
For those planning to visit Jollibee’s first location in Orlando, here’s everything you need to know:
- Address: 11891 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32826
- Hours of Operation: 9AM – 10:30 PM, seven days a week.
- How To Order: Customers can pick up their orders to-go or enjoy the convenience of the two-lane drive-thru service beginning on opening day. Dine-in, online ordering, and delivery will be available in the coming weeks.
- What To Order – Jollibee’s most popular menu items include:
- Chickenjoy: Jollibee’s signature fried chicken. Each piece is delicately hand-breaded to be crispy on the outside, cooked with precision to be juicy on the inside, and marinated to the bone for next-level flavor.
- Chicken Sandwich: This sandwich features a crispy, juicy chicken breast fillet, spread with umami mayo, and served on a toasted brioche bun. Find out why this newly launched sandwich has been lauded for its “intense crunch” by?The Takeout, and discover how the umami flavor profile and signature Jollibee seasonings meld together to create a perfect chicken sandwich offering.
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich: A spicy version of the original chicken sandwich features sriracha mayo and fresh jalapeños for added crunch and heat.
- Peach Mango Pie: Make sure to leave room for this mouth-watering dessert made with peaches and real Philippine mangoes enveloped in a light and crispy crust.
Jollibee’s new Orlando restaurant joins the brand’s three existing Florida locations – Jacksonville, Tampa and Pemb