There is a great family event coming to Orlando. Tinkergarten, the innovator in outdoor education, is hosting their annual Lantern Walks in Ocoee’s Freedom Park, Altamonte Springs’ Langford Park, and Lake Mary’s Greenwood Lakes Park with participation in hundreds of similar events nationwide.
For nearly a decade, Tinkergarten families and friends have walked with homemade lanterns to welcome winter’s darkness. This inspiring and beloved tradition helps children learn to embrace change and remember that, when they are in community with the natural world and with one another, they have the strength and light to overcome any challenges.
This year, the Lantern Walk events will all take place between December 5th – December 12th, at the culmination of the fall season and in anticipation of the winter season to come. Families can register to attend their local Lantern Walk, find out how to make their own lanterns, or even order sweet lantern-making kits HERE.
- Local Lantern Walks in the Orlando area currently include:
- Langford Park, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701 | Date 12/5 | Start Time 5:00 PM
- Freedom Park, Ocoee, FL 34761 | Date 12/11 | Start Time 4:00 PM
- Greenwood Lakes Park, Lake Mary, FL 32746 | Date 12/11 | Start Time 5:00 PM
- Freedom Park, Ocoee, FL 34761 | Date 12/12 | Start Time 5:00 PM
Walk Dates: The event includes a week of live events from 12/5 through 12/12 weekend walks, including things like:
- How to enjoy a tour of the night sky in your PJs
- How to sing to the moon
- Lantern Walk rituals
- Lantern Walk storytelling
Buy Tinkergarten Lantern Kits
- Kit Includes: Directions and supplies to turn any glass jar into a colorful lantern. It also includes an invitation to Tinkergarten’s week of live events.
- Kit costs $10 each or 3 for $25.