Categories: Actors/Singers/Dancers over 40 years of age
Paid/Non-Paid: Paid performances, performance dates and location to be announced.
Union: Both Equity and Non-Equity roles are available.
Audition Date(s): 6/6 & 6/7/2011
Times: 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM by appointment
Audition Venue: The Plaza Live, Main Theatre, 425 N. Bumby Ave., Orlando, FL 32803
Contact Phone: 407-258-8080
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: Suddenly Seniors The Musical, LLC is holding auditions for the original, musical comedy, Suddenly Seniors the Musical©. Interested performers are asked to submit head shot and bio with an appointment request to email@example.com.
Open auditions will be scheduled by appointment. Actors will be asked to prepare a vocal arrangement of their own choosing, which may be performed a cappella or with pre-recorded tracks provided by the performer. A second vocal number from the production is required and will be provided in advance by the casting director. Audition breakdown, character descriptions, sides, sheet music, and tracks will be provided when audition appointment is scheduled. All roles are available and include the following characters:
• Margaret Welch– Female, 50+, Caucasian, city dweller and stage performer all her life, stylish and refined, grandmother of one, single, newly retired Broadway starlet who is not completely sure of where she fits into the senior world.
• Katie Martin–Female, 50+, Caucasian, free spirit and independent, blue collar roots, Irish ancestry, single, an anti-establishment mindset with a well-educated, corporate ladder climbing executive history, she’s an aging hippie at heart, with a get it done attitude, she’s the friend you can depend on without ever having to ask.
• Georgia Jones– Female, 50+, African American, roots in the deep south, charismatic and exuberant, evangelical, she’s nurturing and maternal, warm and embracing personality, charming and hospitable, married to Charles but they are emotionally disconnected but Georgia’s determined to melt his hardened heart and reignite their romance.
• Sandy Swift– Male, 50+, Caucasian, a former itinerant surfer, casual relaxed style, confirmed bachelor, fit and attractive with the exception of a bum leg that requires a cane, inherited ownership of Sunny Vistas, which has resulted in the first emotional investments and permanent home in his lifetime. He’s ill-equipped for the financial and business responsibilities thrust upon him. He’s kept up the pretense that he’s successfully assumed the entrepreneurial role of his deceased parents but is increasingly uncomfortable in his skin, incapable of being the hero the residents think he is.
• Fernando Rodrigues– Male, 50+, gay designer, upbeat and self-indulgent, effervescent and energetic, a friend to all, patriotic and passionate.
• Anthony Ferrari– Male, 50+, Italian, silver fox, widowed, a deal maker, a crooner in the style of Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, or Sinatra, a positive and inspirational attitude that charms straight to the heart.
• Charles Jones– Male, 50+, African American, roots in the deep south, college-educated, Vietnam vet, guarded and reserved, married to the love of his life, Georgia, but can’t seem to find the courage to ignite the flame still burning in his heart for her.
Minimum age for all roles is 40. All roles require singing and dancing.