If you’ve lost your job or your hours have been cut, CareerSource Central Florida is helping get local workers back in action as possible with the skills and/or training potential employees need to land a career in key industries such as advanced manufacturing, hospitality, construction, finance, healthcare, and trade & logistics. Up to 4,000 Orange County residents who qualify can receive a variety of customized, complimentary career services that will pave the way to a new career during this challenging time. Local businesses can also reach out for help to remain competitive now and post-COVID-19 to avoid layoffs, while upskilling their workforce.
CareerSource Central Florida’s program “Help is here” offers many services, including:
- Resume Creation, modification, targeted to one job
- Effective on-line job search
- LinkedIn Profile creation, modification
- ABC’s of using social media to get hired
- Networking / leads groups
- Virtual Interviewing
- Short term training (ITA’s)
- OJT – non WIOA
- Virtual job fair prep
- Virtual job fair attendee
- Skills up assignments
- Work supports – barriers bridged with fees, tools, uniforms etc.
To participate in the Help is Here for Orange County Residents opportunity, the following minimum requirements must be met: Orange County Resident, 18 years or older, Unemployed or reduced hours due to COVID-19, U.S. Citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
For more information, register with the Help is Here program.