The Florida Lottery today announced that the Wednesday, September 9, POWERBALL® drawing resulted in a rollover, producing a $81 million jackpot for the next drawing.
The winning POWERBALL numbers were: 04 – 16 – 18 – 51 – 53 and the Powerball was 23. The Power Play® multiplier was 4.
More than 76,000 Florida POWERBALL players won prizes in the game. Prize payouts are as follows:
* No players matched five numbers.
* 4 players matched four numbers plus the Powerball, each winning $10,000.00.
* 141 players matched four numbers, each winning $100.00.
* 146 players matched three numbers plus the Powerball, each winning $100.00.
* 5,972 players matched three numbers, each winning $7.00.
* 2,761 players matched two numbers plus the Powerball, each winning $7.00.
* 16,816 players matched one number plus the Powerball, each winning $4.00.
* 32,574 players matched only the Powerball, each winning $3.00.
* 17,675 players added Power Play and matched one of the non-jackpot winning combinations listed above, multiplying their winnings by 4.
Power Play is an add-on feature to POWERBALL that allows players to multiply their non-jackpot winnings by two, three, four or five times for $1 more per play. Power Play players who match five numbers win $1 million – the original match 5 prize multiplied by five. All other non-jackpot prizes are multiplied by the Power Play multiplier, from two through five, selected at random at the start of each drawing.
The next POWERBALL drawing will be held Saturday, September 12, at 10:59 p.m. ET with a $81 million jackpot. POWERBALL drawings may be viewed on the Lottery’s TV carrier stations statewide and on the Florida Lottery Web site at flalottery.com. Winning numbers are available on the Lottery Web site, at retailers statewide and by phone at (850) 921-PLAY.
POWERBALL is a multi-state, mega-jackpot lotto game that is played in 30 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The game is administered by the Multi-State Lottery Association (MUSL). The game’s starting jackpot is $20 million, and increases with each rollover if no one matches all five numbers plus the Powerball.