Wawa’s Florida Wawa Day Celebration will be held during the grand opening of the newest store in Orlando located at 6500 W. Sand Lake Rd. store. The Orlando Wawa Day events will include:
- Florida Commissioner Victoria P. Siplin, District 6, Orange County Government cutting the ceremonial ribbon, officially opening the store for business.
- Wawa Foundation Representative, Charlene Marko-Heim, pouring the first ceremonial, free coffee in honor of Wawa Day.
- Unveiling of checks and thermometer showing progress towards the Wawa Foundation’s $50 million goal.
- Sampling of Wawa products.
- Announcement of next funding cycle and upcoming in-store campaigns.
- Representatives and athletes from Special Olympics presented with a check and speaking about the Wawa Foundation’s impact.
– Wawa Foundation Representative, Charlene Marko-Heim, – Special Olympics Representatives and Athletes
– Long-time Wawa Associates and Customers – Wawa’s mascot Wally Goose
– Florida Commissioner Victoria P. Siplin, District 6, Orange County Government
When: Thursday, April 16, 2015 from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Where: Wawa Store #5160 ? 6500 W. Sand Lake Rd. ?Orlando, FL
Why: On April 16, 1964, Wawa forever changed history when it opened its first convenience store located on 1212
MacDade Boulevard in Folsom, Pa. Last year, on April 16, 2014, Wawa celebrated its 50th anniversary in the retail space and marked this milestone with the launch of the Wawa Foundation, Wawa’s 501c (3) non-profit organization founded to encompass all of Wawa’s charitable giving. The Wawa foundation is committed to donating $50 million to causes supporting health, hunger and every day heroes by 2019. This year and all years moving forward, Wawa will use April 16th as a day to celebrate its past and future. Wawa’s Philadelphia celebration honors its local and national charity partners, and the incredible customers that will be a key part of Wawa’s next 50 years of history.