A former employee at Walt Disney World in Orlando, reportedly died in a freak accident while celebrating July 4.
Authorities said, Devon Staples, 22, of Calais, Maine, lit a fireworks mortar tube on his head and died instantly, The Associated Press reported. Staples has been drinking at a party on Saturday, before the incident.
His brother Cody Staples, 25, told the Daily News he was standing five feet away from Devon in a backyard in Calais, Maine. He said his brother was holding a lighter and it accidentally caused the firework to go off.
“I was the first one who got there. There was no rushing him to the hospital. There was no Devon left when I got there,” his brother said.
Staples was the kind of person who always wanted to make people happy, his friends reportedly said. But his brother said, he was not given to doing anything stupid and that Devon’s death was a freak accident, according to reports.