June is National Safety Month, but how safe is Florida compared to the rest of America?
With the U.S. recently hit hard by tragedies from hurricanes to mass shootings, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on 2018’s Safest States in America. In order to help families find the most secure places to settle down, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 48 key metrics. The data set ranges from assaults per capita to unemployment rate to total loss amounts from climate disasters per capita.
The results for Florida are not good:
Safety in Florida (1=Safest; 25=Avg.)
- 28th – Murders & Non-Negligent Manslaughters per Capita
- 36th – Assaults per Capita
- 44th– Loss Amounts from Climate Disasters per Capita
- 22nd– Fatal Occupational Injuries per 100,000 Full-Time Workers
- 41st– Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles of Travel
- 41st – Sex Offenders per Capita
- 48th – Share of Uninsured Population
For the full report, please visit here.