Wawa to Celebrate Grand Opening of 6th Store in Orlando
It’s official! Wawa has successfully made Florida its new home and will celebrate the grand opening of its sixth store in the Sunshine state with a special grand opening celebration. Wawa has opened five stores thus far in 2012 in the Greater Orlando area. The sixth store opening will mark Wawa’s final Florida grand opening for 2012 rounding outWawa’s expansion into Central Florida for the year. During this milestone occasion, Wawa will be joined by local officials including as well as local heroes and community members for a ribbon cutting ceremony and special ceremony. Highlights of the event will include:
· Wawa’s CEO Howard Stoeckel, discussing Wawa’s culture and values
· Wawa’s President Chris Gheysens discussing expected local and community impact
· Representatives from JDRF, Central Florida Chapter accepting a check from Wawa Representatives for $5,000.
· Charitable Hoagie Building Competition: The Orange County Sheriff’s Department and Orange County Fire Department will square off in a battle of bravery, skill, and sandwich-making expertise. Wawa will donate money to each teams’ charity of choice.
- Chris Gheysens, Wawa President – Wally Goose
- Howard Stoeckel, Wawa CEO – Orange Country Sherriff and Fire & Rescue Team
- Wawa Executives – Local Wawa Fans and Community Members
- Representatives from JDRF, Central Florida Chapter
When: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 10 a.m.
Where: Wawa, 7030 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, Florida
Wawa has triumphantly launched into the Central Florida market, opening five stores in five week time in the Greater Orlando area beginning this past July. Wawa will now round out the beginning of its Florida expansion with the sixth and final store opening for 2012. This grand opening will mark the successful immersion of Wawa into the Orlando community and will give a glimpse of what’s to come in 2013. Since opening its first convenience in 1964, Wawa has prided itself on being a good corporate citizen, and Wawa is excited to extend this commitment to the Orlando community. This event gives Wawa a chance to highlight this commitment and its longstanding support of the JDRF in all its operating areas. Wawa will continue to penetrate the Central Florida Market, opening 100 stores throughout Orlando and Tampa over the next five years.