Orlando International Airport, Third Busiest in Nation for Holiday
Orlando International Airport (MCO) is the third busiest airport in the nation behind only Los Angeles and Chicago this 12-day Thanksgiving holiday travel period according to Orbitz Travel. The holiday season runs from November 18th thru November 29th. Over 1.25 million passengers will move through MCO during that time. That represents a 1% increase in traffic over the previous year.
The business days are:
- Saturday, November 26th is the busiest day of the travel season with 116,028 total passengers.
- Sunday, November 27th is the second busiest day of the travel season with 114,402 passengers.
- Saturday, November 19th was the third busiest day of the travel season with 113,619 total passengers.
- The Blue Lot has been renamed “North Park Place” economy parking lot.
- The Red Lot has been renamed “South Park Place” economy parking lot.
- Parking enhancements include faster, more customer-friendly service and new, more comfortable shuttle buses for rapid transport to and from the main terminal building, 24 hours a day 7 days a week with the promise that “No One Parks You Closer”.
- When picking up passengers, remember to allow 30 minutes after scheduled flight arrival time before driving to curb for pickup. This allows time for guests to move through the terminal, collect their luggage and meet you at the curb for quick, hassle-free pickup.
- Arrive at the airport at least two hours in advance for domestic and three hours in advance for international flights.
- Orlando International has last minute gift ideas. From cosmetics to toys to jewelry, over 72 retail outlets are available throughout the airport.
Contributing to the rise in passenger traffic this holiday season is an increase in the number of flights being offered at Orlando International. Attached is a listing of the airlines and new air service for MCO through the end of 2011.