SCHOOLS ADOPT ENGAGEMENT POLICY
The School Board of Orange County on Tuesday voted to approve the Parent/Family Involvement Policy which recognizes a shared responsibility between schools and parents/guardians in a child’s academic success.
The Parent/Family Involvement Policy entails support for the development, implementation and regular evaluation of parent involvement programs at each school, involving parents and guardians at grade levels K-12.
According to the Parent/Family Involvement Policy, programs will include:
- regular and meaningful two-way communication between home and school
- support and promotion of responsible parenting techniques
- recognition that parents and guardians play an integral role in assisting student learning
- clear communication to parents and guardians that their support and assistance is welcomed and encouraged in schools
- recognition that parents and guardians are full partners in teh decisions that impact the education of their children
- community resources are sought, maximized and made available to strength school programs, family practices and students learning.
There is a growing body of evidence which shows that, parents involvement in their children’s education allows kids to perform better in school, navigate more easily some of the challenges in growing up and improves student achievement.