Rihanna’s Family Upset Over Rekindled Romance With Abuser, Chris Brown
The ‘Umbrella’ singer has reportedly rekindled her romance with the 19-year-old R’n'B star – who is accused of assaulting her last month – during a holiday at rapper Diddy’s Miami house, but those close to her are warning that it is a mistake.
One of Rihanna’s relatives told ‘People’ magazine: “Everyone wants them to take a break, to cool off. No one wants them back together.
“I’m concerned. I don’t want her to make a mistake, and I don’t want her to ever go through his again.”
Rihanna’s father Ronald Fenty previously pledged to support his daughter, insisting he will back any decision she makes about her relationship.
He said: “I love my daughter, whatever road she takes. I’m behind her win or lose. I will be supportive.”
Chris Brown returned to his mother after the alleged attack on February 8, and Rihanna sought solace with her family in Barbados.
The R’n'B singer was charged with making criminal threats and released on $50,000 bail following the incident.
He has published a statement saying he was “sorry” for the attack.
Rihanna has yet to file charges, but reportedly told police Chris beat her and choked her until she was unconscious. The couple are now said to have returned to Los Angeles together, where they are staying in the exclusive Beverly Wiltshire Beverly Hills hotel.
New reports say police in LA have now officially handed over the case to the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office.
The DA will now decide whether to file felony charges, reject the case on the grounds of insufficient evidence or refer it to the city attorney’s office as a misdemeanour violation. Brown’s arraignment is set to take place in Los Angeles on Thursday.
Chris Brown reportedly received death threats after a photo of a beaten woman said to be Rihanna was published. Friends of the pretty singer revealed said they fear she can’t be without Chris, despite what happened.